Greetings Fellow Nobles,
Well summer is almost gone. I hope everyone has faired well and endured the heat. These recent rains sure were nice. I only have a few things to touch on before we start the rest of the year.
- The Steak Cook-Off will be September 3rd. The last time we had it on Labor Day weekend we did rather well. It’s a really cool deal. You should come on out to the land on Hatton Road and check it out.
- The Circus is on the 5th and 6th. We always need help0 with that. Hope to see you there.
- The Potentate’s Trip to Cabo is September 14th through whenever you decided to come back. I’m sorry if you didn’t get signed up to go. I’ll tell you all about it when we get back.
- I want to give a heads up about another little fundraiser. We are going to have a Rib Cook on October 22nd. There will be more information coming from the office soon.
I hope to see everyone at the Stated Meeting September 13th. Everyone keep safe and see you soon.
Your Potentate 2022
Greetings Fellow Nobles
It’s been a while and there has been a lot of things going on. I hope everyone’s having a spectacular summer. It sure is HOT where I’m at!
- We had a successful TSA. I think everyone had a great time. Except for Calvin. He had a job. LOL. Big thanks to Bruce and the whole team. Great job.
- The ladies from Nile attended Nile Supreme and made everyone proud.
- The Oil Bowl was a success as well. Big thanks to Yoshi and everyone who volunteered. Great job as well.
- We attended the Imperial Session in Minneapolis. Me and Lady Jo Ann, Mike Knox, Bill Hammack and Lady Kathy, Jerry Sloan and Lady Beverly, and Tim Bradberry made the trip. The Provost Guard did very well.
- I’ll have to tell you all about Minneapolis at Happy Hour. The third Thursday of the month. Everyone stay safe and cool and hydrated. Hope to see everyone soon.
Your Potentate 2022
Greetings fellow Nobles.
Well, another month is in the books. Man, time is flying. We have a very busy June ahead of us.
- TSA is upon us. We’ve got a great group of volunteers and things are progressing. There are always a few bumps in the road like hotel availability, etc. But we are doing the best with the hand we are dealt.
- If you haven’t registered, please do. I’d hate to have all this fun without you.
- Oil Bowl is next. Did I tell you we were getting busy?
- I’d like to thank Jerry Sloan and crew for all of the work they have done. The Temple is looking great!
- The new ovens are in place in the kitchen. You need to come and check them out.
- The awning in back is finished except for the guttering. It looks great!
- We also had a new member join our ranks this month. Join me in welcoming Noble Earl Bainbridge to the fraternity.
- I’d like to take a moment and thank everyone for the words and condolences on the passing of our dad. It really meant a lot.
- Also, if anyone gave to the relief from the tornado in Jacksboro, let me personally offer thanks from the teachers, first responders, and citizens of Jacksboro. .
- I hope to see all of you in June.
Glen ‘Dooby’ Fox
Your Potentate 2022
Hello Fellow Nobles
I hope all is well with each and everyone and that you had a wonderful Easter Holiday.
- The Easter Egg Hunt went well out at the land. It was well attended despite the weather.
- Our clowns did an awesome job as usual.
- Big thanks to the cooks and volunteers as well.
- The Stated Meeting was well attended again. Let’s keep it up.
- The Golf Unit is headed to Fredricksburg for Mid-Winter. Good luck to you guys.
- Happy hour is this Thursday, April 21; hope to see everyone there.
- TSA and Oil Bowl are right around the corner. This year is speeding up.
Until next month, everyone stay safe. See you soon!
Here we are into the last of the first quarter and we’re gaining steam. So, I’ll touch on a few points.
- We had an exceptional Stated Meeting with 52 in attendance. We need more of this! The meal was out of bounds and the comradery even better.
- Ceremonial on Saturday the 12th was just as impressive. We had 8 new nobles inducted into our great fraternity and was well attended.
- Big shout out to Bill Hammack for doing the leg work of getting a team together. And I know he coyundn’t have done it without everyone involved. Even though we’re a small Temple, people step up and that’s what makes us great.
- Big shout out to the cooking unit as well. These guys know how to feed.
- The new convection oven is in the works. By the way, it’s going to be a great addition to our kitchen.
- Lots of things coming up: Happy Hour St Patrick’s Day in the Oasis, Shelomi Temple Temple Installation of Officers the 19th, Easter around the corner.
- Always something going on and we can’t wait to see you!
Until we meet again! Stay Safe.
Your Potentate ’22 Dooby Fox
Have you all had enough of winter yet? I know I have! We sure have been busy since the last set of bullet points, with more fun filled events to go. So here are some winter bullet points:
- The Potentate’s Ball was a success and we all had a great time with a great band and awesome food. We are sure sorry if you had to miss it.
- A select few of the Divan and their Ladies traveled to Galveston with Lady Jo Ann and I for Divan Midwinter. We had a good time while taking care of some TSA future business.
- The rest of the Divan stayed here to help get ready for the Super Bowl party which was a big success I might add. Everyone had a great time. But I didn’t win a thing! First time ever!
- We are continuing the Happy Hour tradition. We had 15 or so show up last month despite the cold weather. Good times!
- Oh! And we had the media day for the Oil Bowl coaches. We served up a good lunch and did the meet and greet. Yoshi is doing a great job as usual. Won’t be long until the Oil Bowl!
We are looking forward to next month and the rest to come. Hope to see you all soon. Stay safe!
Greetings Fellow Nobles!
I’m not very good at writing novels for our articles, so I thought I would do some bullet points. I’m famous for that. Or infamous. Whichever.
- Lady Jo Ann and I would like to thank each and everyone of you for electing me as your Potentate for 2022. It is an honor and a privilege. We are going to have a great and fun-filled year.
- Our motto is, “If we’re not having fun, we’re doing it wrong!”
- There are some big things coming up this year. Provost Midwinter, of course TSA, and Oil Bowl just to name a few.
- As you know this is the 100th anniversary of the Shriners Hospitals for Children and the 150th for Shriners International. Imperial is in Minneapolis, Minnesota, this year and hopefully Maskat can make a showing.
- By now we will have already had the Potentate’s Ball and I hope you all had a chance to attend and have a great time.
- Covid continues to be a pain in the butt! We did not get to install two of our Divan members because of it. We will as time and their health permit. We are forging ahead and continuing with our business as safely as possible. Keep all of our Nobles whom we have lost and who are sick, because of this terrible disease, in your prayers.
Until we meet again, Luv Y’all!!
Potentate Dooby Fox
Let me first say thank you for making the last fundraiser a great success. The Thanksgiving Turkey Cook continues to grow every year, and this year was no different. Thanks to my Divan and all the others that worked their A$#@ off. It was a sell out!
The children’s Christmas party was a big success, but it could not have happened without the help of some special elves. Special thanks to the Divan, and their ladies along with Sheryl Harris, Jody and Bing Miller, the Clowns and Santa Claus, Clint Lee. The Divan did a great job cooking the food and the kids seemed to really enjoy themselves. The tradition is very important to us and I’m sure will continue for many years to come.
As we come to an end of the year, we will bring a new Potentate into office in January. I would like to ask every noble to attend the January meeting to welcome Dooby Fox into the most honorable office that he will ever hold.
As we bring 2021 to a close Tami and I would like to thank each and every one for their help in making our year very memorable. We have had a blast. Special thanks to my Divan and the Divan ladies, that shore up the framework of what Shrine stands for. Special thanks to P.P. Bing Miller and Lady Jody for their continued commitment and help throughout the year.
I look forward to seeing each one of you soon.